We would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Independence Day holiday!
When using a grill during your BBQ parties, remember these safety tips:
– Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house or deck rails.
– Never leave a grill unattended when it’s on.
– Never use a grill in a house, camper, tent or any other enclosed area.
– Keep a spray bottle of water handy. That way, if you have a minor flare-up you can spray it with the water to instantly calm it.
– Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill and know how to use it. If you are
unsure how to use the extinguisher, don’t waste time, just call 911 immediately.
The best way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a display put on by professionals. However, if you decide to use fireworks, follow these rules:
– Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
– Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels before igniting.
– A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities.
– Never throw or point a firework at people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
– Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
As we celebrate our nations freedom, we honor the courageous men and women dedicated to preserving it.